Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
My Age Zimbabwe is seeking an M & E Officer
Deadline: 12 June 2020
My Age Zimbabwe Trust is youth led organisation that champions youth leadership, participation, gender equality and the health and rights of adolescence and young people. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to youth related issues. Anchored in meaningful youth engagement and sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of young people across every aspect of their lives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of Africa’s young people to fill a vacant position at our Office in Masvingo, Zimbabwe.
|The M&E Officer will be responsible for providing assistance in compilation of data on program indicators and various M&E related documentation processes. They will generate written reports that contribute to transparency, accountability and allows for lessons to be shared more easily regarding allocation of resources and programme implementation in the organisation. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and CO programme and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.|
Duties and Responsibilities
|The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
· Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
· Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
· Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
· Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
· Monitor the sustainability of the projects results;
· Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
· Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all projects activities to the Director/Programmes Manager;
· Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the organisation;
· Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Management and My Age;
· Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist Management in preparing relevant reports;
· Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
· Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
· Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
· Perform other duties as required;
IV. Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
· Preparation of monthly MIS reports;
· Organize and conduct training on M&E/MIS for staff members
· Assist Management in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
· Provide input and update information related to project outcome on My Age website;
· Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress based on MIS reports on project activities;
· Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
· Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart/stakeholders;
· Prepare and maintain data base
· Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of My Age Zimbabwe
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
· Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
· Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support Knowledge Management and Learning
· In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
· Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
· Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
· Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
· Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure
· Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
· Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behaviour
|Required Skills and Experience|
University Degree preferably in Social Sciences and Monitoring and Evaluation , or related field.
· At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
· Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
· Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
· Expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
· Strong training & facilitation skills.
|My Age is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
My Age does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
My Age Offers:
The opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long established regional organisation, making a real difference to the lives and health of young people; A professional working environment in Harare, Zimbabwe,
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivational letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Tawanda Mhoka at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on My Age Zimbabwe, go to www.myage-zim.org
You can download this application form here!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – Thank you for your interest.