Advocacy & Communications Officer
My Age Zimbabwe is seeking an Advocacy and Communications Officer
Deadline: 12 June 2020
My Age Zimbabwe Trust is youth led organisation that champions youth leadership, participation, gender equality and the health and rights of adolescence and young people. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to youth related issues. Anchored in meaningful youth engagement and sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of young people across every aspect of their lives.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of Africa’s young people to fill a vacant position at our Office in Harare, Zimbabwe.
My Age is an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourages qualified people living with HIV, persons with disability, women and transgender applicants. Advocacy and Communications Officer will develop and support My Age’sadvocacy and communications work, focusing on engaging and mobilising young people, potential donors and supporters, locally, regionally and globally.
Key Performance Areas
- Innovating communication between My Age and young people; Coordinating and supporting the participation of adolescents and young people in My Age’s advocacy and communications work;
- Managing, developing and implementing SRHR advocacy campaigns; Developing, implementing and measuring advocacy and marketing social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube;
- Raising the profile of My Age’s strategic partnerships with the media in collaboration with My Age senior management;
- Managing My Age’s brand and providing guidance to internal and external stakeholders on the use of My Age’s brand;
- Coordinating regional events and supporting My Age’s attendance at conferences and other advocacy platforms;
- Curating content management, including sourcing and collation (case studies, interviews, photographs, video) for all My Age communications channels;
- Supporting Human Resources with internal communications;
- Contributing to resource mobilisation and impact management units within My Age to strategically access and leverage resources, assets and insights across these portfolios
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least a tertiary qualification in Communications, Media, Advocacy and/or Social Sciences;
- At least 2 years’ working experience in advocacy and communications, preferably in public health and/or youth development; Experience of, and confidence with, digital communications;
- Experience of working with diverse young people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Below the age of 30 upon application, willing and able to work with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels; Creative, solutions-oriented and self-motivated;
- The ability and willingness to travel both within and outside Zimbabwe; Knowledge of photography, Photoshop and/or website content management systems will be an added advantage.
My Age Offers:
The opportunity to gain exposure and experience of working with international partners, regional and national organisations in a high profile, long established regional organisation, making a real difference to the lives and health of young people; A professional working environment in Harare, Zimbabwe,
If you are interested in this position, please send an email indicating the position being applied for, and attaching a motivational letter, together with your CV and two contactable references, to Tawanda Mhoka at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on My Age Zimbabwe, go to www.myage-zim.org.
You can download this call here!
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – Thank you for your interest.