Call for Consultant : Baseline Survey
My Age Zimbabwe is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation consultant who will carryout a
Application Deadline:30 May 2020
Timeline: May 2020– June 2020
Expected number of days:22 days
Expected travel: None/ Virtual
My Age Zimbabwe Trust is a youth-led organisation that champions youth leadership, participation, gender equality and the health and rights of adolescents and young people. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment youth related issues. Anchored in meaningful youth engagement and sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of young people across every aspect of their lives.
My Age plays a pivotal role in shaping the conversation on youth engagement and helps increase the visibility of young people in key decision making spaces by identifying and facilitating their participation in sub-national, national, regional and global platforms; where they can contribute equally to the conversation and share their expertise and experiences.
My Age provides capacity strengthening for youth- led organisations and youth advocates through linking them with opportunities from partners and other key players. My Age also actively seeks to empower Youth Champions and youth led initiatives from the targeted communities through implementing programs in collaboration with an elaborate network of stakeholders leading to the forming of progressive youth-adult partnerships were there is shared decision making.
Objectives for the Baseline
The baseline is intended to contribute to two objectives:
- To increase the effectiveness and efficiency of My Age Zimbabwe Advocacy Efforts
- To assess the capacities of selected youth organisations in Zimbabwe
Intended Use of the Baseline
- To inform strategic decisions on selecting youth organisation for an Advocacy Capacity Strengthening programme
- To inform programme capacity strengthening gaps among youth organisation on selected advocacy priorities.
- To inform ways of collaboration on advocacy among youth organisations in Zimbabwe
- To what extent is My Age Zimbabwe capable to achieve its expected advocacy and coordination outcomes what are the urgent organisational capacity needs?
- Which other emerging youth organisation in the country are working on advocacy that may need capacity strengthening on their work on advocacy?
The consultant is expected to develop the detailed methodological approaches and tools for the evaluation.
The Consultant is expected to deliver the following by the specified deadline:
- Inception report including detailed methodology (TBA)
- Data collection tools (TBA)
- The Consultant is expected to draw up a Follow-Up Strategy that includes but not limited to the following (TBA):
- Data validation meeting in order to agree on the outcomes of the baseline
- To convene a findings dissemination meeting to My Age Zimbabwe
- To translate evidence into action by identifying measures to curb the findings
- Communicating effectively to My Age on processes.
- Final report (30 June 2020)
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Human Rights/Governance/Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proven record in delivering effective and professional evaluation results for advocacy and governance of coalition projects;
- Excellent communication, analysis, writing and report presentation skills in English;
- Knowledge and awareness of human rights, gender transformative approaches, inclusivity and partnerships and linkages;
- Has a progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights and youth engagement.
- Is youth-friendly and has non-discriminatory attitudes towards working with young people
How to apply
Applicants should submit a one page long Expression of Interest (EOI) and budget based on ToR and CV to:
Application Deadline: 25 May 2020 by 1700 Hrs.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted – Thank you for your interest.